Friday, September 29, 2006

Glad We're Over That!

Ben was sick last week and that was no fun at all. He was also a little sick this weekend, so I kept him home from school on Monday. But lately he's been doing great, and woke up this morning with a smile on his face. He eagerly waits by the door for his driver to come and take him to school. School has had good reports, his eye contact has gotten better and he's calmer. I started a new supplement, Pro EFA by Nordic Naturals. There's been a research study done on autistic children and over the course of 3 months, this supplement helped all of them at least a little bit, some of them it helped a lot. It's really just fish and borage oil, the basic Omega 3's and omega 6's but the combo of them seems to be benefitting Ben. Still waiting for all the ABA stuff to fall into place, but it looks like it's all going to work out. Ben had an egg noodle the other day, and within an hour, Ben was bouncing off the walls right before bedtime. He seems to get over the infractions fairly quickly, but it sure does make difference when he has gluten. Milk products don't seem to affect him as much, but I keep him away from them for the most part. I may start experimenting with milk products combined with the enzymes and see if he tolerates it. I give him a calcium supplement daily because he doesn't have dairy. I've got a couple of other things I want to try, but I'm going to spread them out over the next few months.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.