Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ben

I suppose I owe everyone an explaination as to why I haven't been updating this blog. I think I'm doing some serious soul searching as to Ben's future. His impairment is severe. On the bright side, he's a happy, loving, cheerful little boy most of the time. On the not so bright side, he doesn't seem to be getting any better. Perhaps this is partly my fault. I don't know. Perhaps it's the beast that is autism. Still, most of the time I feel like I'm just treading water, trying to keep everything afloat. In doing that, I'm doing a sufficient job in most of my duties as a parent, but not a great job at anything. I've gotten help in the form of a college student, who comes to help with Ben four days a week. But she is not a therapist. Whatever Ben needs is going to have to be more intense than what he's getting now. I think his school is overwhelmed by his disability and the maintenance he requires. His therapists are helpful, but provide three hours a week. I hope somehow God will shed some light on this for us, and point me in the right direction. As for now I'm taking one day at a time. Unless I have some significant GOOD news to report, I'm not going to blog about my complaints. I don't think that's healthy for any of us.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way right now. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.