Thursday, June 25, 2009

Settling Into Summer

Ben has begun work with his new therapists, and has continued to ride on a roller coaster of emotions during the day. Yesterday was not one of his better ones. I had about had it by the end of it. After tormenting his new therapist for three hours, he seemed reasonably stable, so I had the bright idea to swing by the library so that Katherine and Caroline could sign up for the reading program. The idea was a sound one, as we have taken many trips to the library before this and been okay. Although we did get the girls signed up, we had to make a quick exit when Ben decided that he was NOT waiting for the girls to pick out any actual books. We did hurriedly get a few, and I could feel the entire staff of the library breath a collective sigh of relief when we finally left. Ben even got signed up for the book program too, and so far, with a total of two books having been read to him yesterday (Green Eggs And Ham and The Spooky Old Tree if you want to know), is winning the reading program contest. I am crossing the proverbial fingers that he will stay upbeat and happy today. I'll be heading off to NYC this weekend with the girls and leaving Ben alone home with dad. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.