Sunday, June 10, 2007

Finally On Our Way

After what seems like nearly forever since we've moved out of our house in Chapel Hill, we're finally on our last leg of our transition to Washington state. We're staying at my very generous, loving wonderful sister and brother in law's house. Yay! Rob and Katherine are on their long, cross country drive and Ben, Caroline and I are waiting for them to get there. My sister Barb has 3 dogs and 2 cats, and Ben and Caroline have taken to all the animals nicely. Ben seems pleased to have the dogs around and has a little smile on his face as he gets near them to give them a pat. I've had to convince him not to step on them when they lie on the floor, though. He thinks that's very funny. He absolutely LOVES the swimming pool here and spent most of yesterday floating around it while wearing his float vest. He kicks his legs and no longer has to hold onto the side of the pool, so I think he's going to be a little swimmer yet. He definitely enjoys water these days. Hopefully we'll be able to do a lot of swimming this summer on base. Well that's all for now, I guess.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.