Monday, May 28, 2007

Back in Chapel Hill . . . Again!

Happy Memorial Day everyone. May we remember the soldiers who are giving their lives for our country even as I write. We came back from the beach on Saturday and and comfortably settled into our hotel for the next couple of weeks. This is the nicest place we've stayed yet. And it should be. We all slept like rocks last night and Ben is in his usual good spirits. I haven't been consistently doing ABA with him, but I've been working on things here and there. Yesterday at the park he signed "swing" when I asked him to, completely by himself and I didn't show him how to do it. He remembered! He also did the same thing with "music" yesterday so I really think some things are finally sinking in. He also did his 5 pc horse puzzle completely by himself yesterday, even the tricky neck piece. This upcoming week will be a busy one for me, I have two appointments to discuss the results of the school systems re-evaluation of Ben. I'm so glad the evaluators, or at least two of them, got to see Ben when he's working with Kim, his ABA therapist. I don't think his day at school showcases what he's really capable of doing. I let you know how the meetings go, though I'm preparing myself for a low functioning evaluation, and I'll try not to take it too seriously if that's the case. I don't like to put limits on what Ben might be able to accomplish.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.