Monday, May 07, 2007

All is Still Well

but I'm starting to go crazy in this little apartment. Ben was a little cranky this weekend and didn't want to eat everything he usually does, both of which I attribute to the new crowns he had put in on Friday. He screamed bloody murder the first few times I gently brushed his teeth, but this morning, he didn't cry and tolerated it very well, so I can only suppose that his soreness is going away. I sent him back to school today and his teachers said he did fine and was in a great mood. He's been sleeping well since last weekend (knock on wood!) and since I've been sleeping with him, that's great for both of us. We only have two bedrooms in this apartment and I feel I can't risk waking up the girls with his midnight antics. I really look forward to all of us having our own rooms, and that seems to be getting a little closer to reality these days. Rob is out in Spokane right now and has been looking at houses both on and off base. He visited the school on base today and was impressed the occupational therapist there, whom he said seemed great. The special ed teacher was nice too, he said and right now it looks like Ben will be in a class of seven, with a teacher and two aides. There is only one other boy with autism in the class, and it's K-3. So we're cautiously optimistic that living on base will work out for all of us. Rob says the base houses are fine, and we can have one assigned to us rightn now so it will be ready in June. Cool, huh? I can't wait until June now, so we can get out of Chapel Hill and get on with it. :-)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.