Sunday, May 20, 2007

Greetings From Kill Devil Hills!

We're in Kill Devil Hills on the outer banks of NC this week for a relaxing vacation away from our lack of house in Chapel Hill. Our cell phones may be down for a day . . . I seem to have misplaced the chargers and now we have to find a place to buy one. We're heading down to the Cape Hatteras light house today (after mass in Nags Head) and we'll probably be climbing to the top. I'll take pictures. Rob and I both have a thing for lighthouses. Maybe we'll own our own one day. All in all, the kids are doing well. Everybody slept great last night. As always, keeping Ben on the GFCF diet is a royal pain in the you know what when we're traveling. We're doing our best but if you can't carry a Whole Foods around with you, it can be difficult. Ben is really have a great time so far. He LOVES the ocean. Our house that we've rented is a little cottage on the beach. It's simple, nothing fancy, but I think it will be perfect for a week of hanging around. I doubt we'll be hanging around too much, there's actually quite a lot of things to see. We'll go dolphin watching a little later in the week, see Roanoke Island (home of the Lost Colony), Manteo, Duck, Corolla, and maybe the Bodie Island lighthouse too. This area is so full of folklore about sea farers, pirates and ghosts, it's really cool. I'll check back in soon!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.