Friday, July 18, 2008

Missoula, Billings, Bismarck, Minneapolis, Madison, Oh My!

Okay, so I'm getting really tired of driving. As I write this, I'm in the HoJo in Madison, Wisconsin waiting for my family to wake up so we can get breakfast and continue our journey to Indianapolis. By Sunday, we should be in Alexandria. The kids are holding up pretty well, but, well, they're kids! Flexible creatures that they are, they aren't fazed by much. Their parents on the other hand are going a little loopy. There is such a thing as too much family time. Hotel rooms aren't known for their size. Still, Ben has been pretty good this whole trip, though I have to watch him like a hawk when he walks along a city street. He seems to have a dirty old piece of gum radar, and will find anything that I don't want him to have. He walks around town holding my pinkie, and will not forgo the pinkie for any other finger of mine. It's his favorite finger. Go figure. He's been off his gluten free diet for over a week now, so consequently, he's been quite stimmy and hyped up, moreso than usual, but agreeable and cheerful for the most part. Haven't really been able to give him any supplements at all. Still, only three more days of driving and then my life can get back to some semblance of normal. I hope. Bye!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.