Thursday, November 05, 2009

Verbal Gains and Crazy Sleep Habits

Ben was awake when I went to sleep last night and awake when I woke up this morning. I have no evidence that he slept. I must assume he did, as he always does, but I can't know for sure. I've given him just a little bit of the Yeast-Aid, (less than 1/4 tsp) for the past few days, and boy, that stuff is potent! His doctor wants him to have 1/4 tsp twice a day, but that is something we're definitely going to have to work up to. He is making a great amount of progress in his language, and I'm dearly hoping it sticks. He's trying so hard to make sounds and words, it's sweet to see him being so earnest. His teachers and therapists have noticed it, and I think the Yeast-aid has helped increase his concentration, for all the of the other negative side effects it has. PROMPT speech therapy has been a big help too. I don't think we'd have seen this progress without it. His speech therapist really wants him to have OT privately as well, but I've had difficulty securing that. Tricare wants me to travel 30 miles each way every week in Washington DC traffic. I'm not going to do that, I'm afraid. So I'm looking into other ideas.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.