Thursday, February 23, 2006

We've Made Some Major Changes . . .Again!

Here's a great web site with a lot of videos about autism that you guys can watch if you want to : http://www.autismspeaks.org/video/index.php I think they're by NBC news. Anyway, it looks very interesting. Ben has been off of the gluten free diet for about 4 days now. I haven't given him a lot of gluten or casein, but I've been giving him some every day. Yesterday and the day before he was in a hyperactive frenzy, but today he has seemed to calm down. His social attention seems to be better, which basically means that he's making good eye contact and paying more attention to people. His teachers at school said that though he was super hyper at centers and circle time, he worked better on his work tasks than he has in weeks. So I'm getting mixed reviews. We're going to gradually reintroduce a regular diet over the next couple of weeks, and assess whether it might benefit him to go back to it or not. Rob and I figure that we can always reintroduce the gluten free diet if we need to. Right now it's a wait and see game.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.