Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy Easter Everyone!

Yes, I know Easter is over, but I thought I'd wish you Happy Easter belatedly. A throbbing tooth ache prevented me from enjoying Easter weekend, but I'm feeling much better. Ben went to TEACCH today, and still had an issue with trying to bite his teacher there, but she said it seemed to be more out of a need to have pressure in his mouth than aggression. If that makes it better. Ben's teacher at school is quitting at the end of the school year and it really comes as no surprise. I wish the school system would wake up and smell the coffee. I'm going to write a letter and send it to the superintendent, as well as everyone below him, but I have to get all my duck in row first. Apparently, there's someone in the Department of Public Instruction for NC that is on our side, and so I'm going to try to find out how to contact him to enlist his advice. So that said, Ben started Lincoln Center in November 2004, and has had 3 different teachers, and all of them have now quit. I don't fault them, I think they were all loving qualified individuals, but for heaven's sake, what is going on? Can't the school system see the demands they are placing on these people ain't flying? More later on this, but I have to go see what Ben is up to!!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

C has had numerous ABA therapists since he began therapy last September. The girls (and at my age, I do feel like I can call them girls!) are straight out of college and although this is sort of the field they want to be in, it's not exactly what they want. So, they move on. And we're heartbroken that we've bonded with someone else who we're more than likely never going to see again. I try to be positive about it though - a different person, a different perspective, a different way of doing things. And who knows? Maybe C will learn *a lot* more from the new people teaching him.

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.