Monday, May 22, 2006

The baby birds

Two sets of purple finches have made nests in our hanging planters outside on our front porch. One of the nest's eggs hatched on Mothers day (how fitting!) and the other nest hasn't hatched yet. I don't know if it will. But the baby birds in the one nest seem to be doing well. The picture I took a few days ago. They sleep alot, all snuggled together, just like puppies. The kids are doing well. Ben continues to be on a path to improvement. He's mastered the picture exchange and uses it all the time. We're working on sorting between big and little versions of identical objects, and he seems to have the idea. I'm also working on his understanding of the color yellow, so that he will identify it when asked in all situations. He hasn't mastered that yet, but we work on it practically every day. He matches numbers without any problem at all now. I went to an "ESY" - that's summer school - meeting last week and he was approved for it. That starts the end of June and runs into the 1st week of August. We'll probably be gone for a week in July, as Rob is leaving for South Dakota the last week of July and we want to head to the beach to spend some time together before then. Also, we have another screening for Ben at the school we want to get him into on Thursday. They have a few spaces open for the fall so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe they'll pick him for their school this time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.