Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Saw This Video This Morning

and I'm giving the link, because it's really good. Here it is http://www.autismspeaks.org/sponsoredevents/autism_every_day.php
This video pretty much sums it up, but I don't have it quite as hard as these people. Their kids look a bit worse off than Ben is, but I guess he could get worse as he gets older, as far as aggression, tantrums, etc. So many of this autistic behaviors have come and gone mysteriously. He chews all the time right now, but this started again around November after a six or so month hiatus. He's not yelling much right now, thank goodness and hasn't been for a few months. The constant yelling is tough to take, so I hope that doesn't come back. His stimming is still quite bad, but not as bad as it used to be. Much of his recent progress has been very consistent, he doesn't seem to gain and loose skills as easily as he did when he was younger. Nothing too miraculous to report today, but he did use the sign for swing spontaneously instead of the photo when I asked him what he wanted. Hopefully, we'll continue to see progress. I haven't found a mother's helper for the summer yet, but I'm still looking.

Kristin

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.