Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ajax, Figure Skating and More spitting

Hello again, all! We're gearing up for our move now and getting quite serious about it. Today will be our last "relaxing" day. The movers come to pack us on the 25th, and we'll be moving into our temporary apartment over that weekend. So now I'm figuring out what I want to bring with me, so the movers don't pack it. Ben found the Ajax dish soap yesterday and comandeered it from the sink before we knew what he had. It's orange smelling and that's why he liked it, I guess. Anyhow, he spilled it all over the wood floor and we think even put some in his mouth, but I can't imagine it tasted that good. Needless to say, we hid it and locked it up. He's been doing fine lately, and has been happy and social. We had figure skating on yesterday afternoon and he seemed to like it, especially the spinning. I've been able to work with him pretty consistantly and per Kim (his ABA therapist) I have been concentrating on the "do this" command to request imitation from him. I went on a puzzle search yesterday for a very small jigsaw puzzle, as he's almost solved his 5 piece Horse inset puzzle. Jigsaws are supposedly the next step. I mangaged to find a baby jigsaw set with 4- 4 piece puzzles in it at the Children's store, so I'm ready for that goal. You wouldn't believe how few and far between little jigsaws are! Sure it's easy to find 9-12 piece puzzles, but Ben clearly isn't ready for that. He still has to get the idea of lifting up the jigsaw pieces to make them fit. As far as talking goes, he's said "hug" a few more times in context, but I haven't had much luck in getting him to imitate any sounds I make. I guess that's par for the course.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.