Friday, April 27, 2007

We are awash in boxes

And today they're moving them all out. We will have an apartment tomorrow, with actual cooking untensils and everything. Dare to dream, I say. I dislike this part of moving, but the kids seem to be taking it gamely. Rob's brother Jay is here visiting, and everyone has had a great time playing with him. We all went to the mall last night to find some dinner, and Ben was in rare form. The spitting is still a problem, but he's been so absolutely happy and dare I say, exhuberant, that it's very hard to get angry at him. He's such a happy kid most of the time and a real joy to have around. Sure, he gets looks from people who don't know him, but I don't think there's anyone I know who enjoys everything life has to offer more than Ben. I writing this post today using my neighbor's unsecured internet connection (shhhh!) and so for the next few weeks I may be even more sporadic than usual. At this point, it's starting to look like we probably won't be able to live in Idaho after all. The nature of Rob's job as a commander doesn't look like it will permit him to live far from base. And it's remotely possible that we may be moving again in a year and a half (not likely but possible) so perhaps buying a place wouldn't be a wise move. Right now, I'm planning to keep working with our ABA therapist over the phone and through email, even if that means our insurance won't foot the bill for non-face to face contact. Ben's benifitted from ABA moreso than any other type of therapy and I really support the goals it sets for Ben's functionality. Still, I'll try to enlist some help doing it from one of the local college students. I'm an optimist, I'm sure it will all pan out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.