Sunday, April 01, 2007

Hugs

Ben talked again yesterday. Rob and the kids were outside in the front yard at around 7:30 and since it was close to bedtime, I went outside to get them. Ben was in the driveway playing with a gum tree pod (he loves those). I sat on the front steps and called to him. He looks up at me, drops the pod and comes running to me saying "Hug, hug, hug, hug, hug" and runs into my arms. I didn't ask him if he wanted a hug, I just told him to come inside. How cool is that? Rob and I both heard him do it, and we were very surprised. Rob says he thinks Ben does these things now and then to give us hope. I don't know if we'll ever hear that word again, but it was nice to know he has the ability and that he has that happy word inside him.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.