Monday, March 19, 2007

Strep Throat

Well, I went to the doctor today and got the news: I have strep throat. I'm not sure I've ever had it before but it sucks. Big time. Worst sore throat I've ever had. Swallowing is excruciating. I'm on antibiotics now so hopefully I'll be better soon. But enough complaining about me and my problems. I've been feeling guilty about not having done any ABA with Ben lately, on account of his being sick and now my being sick and I'm trying very hard not to infect any of the kids. Ben was acting so funny last week when he was sick, I can't help wondering if he had strep as well. He's still not eating a whole lot. Rob bought him McDonald's french fries today and he didn't really have any interest in them. Very unusual behavior as french fries are just about his favorite thing. Next to cookies. He's been very affectionate and loving as usual and cheerful enough for the most part. I thought he said "ball" a few times last week. Could of been a fluke but I'll keep trying to pull it out of him. Also, he's developed a strange habit of whistling. He won't whistle on command, but he'll do it randomly on his own. It's so cute. Katherine and Caroline can't whistle but Ben can. Go figure.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.