Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Life as it Is Right Now

I just couldn't bear to leave my last post alone for too long, so I feel I need to supplement in order to clear the air. I don't like to complain about Ben but I'm afraid I do it too often. He's a great little boy, so fantastically loving and cuddly and smiley. I think God made Ben exactly as he is for a reason. His behaviors are trying, truly, but I think he far exceeds what damage he causes by what he gives back to us, unconditional love. I was having a bad day. Potty training Ben has not been easy, and so far, he has had only one success. I know it needs to be done, but I'm not sure how to do it, other than make him sit on the potty periodically and hope for the best. He has a couple of big events coming up, one is next week he goes back to Fort Bragg for his dental surgery. Providing he doesn't get sick between now and then. Poor Ben. He is great about most things but doctor's offices are one place he absolutely will not tolerate. It'll be a trying day for all of us. The other event is of course Spring Break, first week in April when I will once again, in earnest be trying to potty train him. I don't know if it will work or not, but I hope hope hope we can get this knocked out of the way. The process is very draining. I found it so when I potty trained Katherine and Caroline and I disliked every minute of it. And they were quick learners. So there it is. That's what's going on.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.