Sunday, July 15, 2007

Go Spokane Indians!

Went to our first minor league baseball game here in Spokane, the Spokane Indians Vs. the Yakima Bears. I think the Indians lost, but we left after the 4th inning so I can't be sure until I look it up on the net. It was getting late and past the kids bedtime. Ben did great! He actually seemed to enjoy the game more than the girls. He was happy and rocked whenever the music played. He also liked the airplanes flying overhead. Ben's kind of into planes now, an there certainly are enough of them around here. I'm really starting to like Spokane now, it's got a certain kind of charm. I think it will be a fine place to live for a few years. This is my first experience even being in the Pacific Northwest. It's very open and the cities are more rural outside of Spokane, of course. I really like Idaho too. Couer D'Alene is beautiful! Lots of lakes, mountains, and pine trees. The base is great too, and so far, I've only met very friendly people. Speaking of people, I met with Ben's Special Ed teacher last week and we had a tour of the girls' and Ben's new school on base. It's only a couple of years old, so all the facilities are very new looking. My impression is that they're going to try to put Ben into a Kindergarten class with an aide, for at least part of the day. Now I'm not opposed to that, but Ben is a handful, as I'm sure they'll soon find out. So I have a feeling they may end up putting him in the Self contained class for the majority of the time. Registration isn't until the 3rd week of August, anyway. Spitting still his main preoccupation, but he is getting quite good at helping me with the laundry (sorting, putting it in, taking it out, etc) and doesn't spit when he's helping. I just wish he had more to occupy him and I'm sure the spitting would decrease. He has tons of toys, but isn't that interested in them without a grown up leading the playtime. I'll keep plugging away and post in a few days.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.