Saturday, July 28, 2007

Of Trampolines, Swing Sets and Lack of Therapy

We lucked out and inheirited a big trampoline and a swing set for our yard from our next door neighbors who just moved. Ben is a happy camper now. The big tramp is so much fun! Rob and I like to jump on it too. Been a little annoyed lately since I've been unable to get any therapists to call me back so Ben can start speech and OT, but one finally called two days ago and he's going for an evaluation on Wednesday, and might be able to start in a therapy group on Friday. Ben could really use some structure. I've been giving him some time doing ABA with me and playing, but sometimes he's more resistant to me that he is with a therapist, so I think it'll be good to have someone else to work with him. I also put an inquiry out on Craigs List to find some to help with the ABA a few hours a week and I immediately received a reply from a woman with a masters degree in special ed, who is a stay at home mom herself with a special needs daughter. Talk about luck! So I'll be meeting with her next week and hopefully that works out for the rest of the summer at least. Ben saw a psychologist last week and she said Ben might benefit from one of the ADD drugs, like Adderoll or Stratera. So we'll go to the doctor about that in the near future and see what she thinks. Ben's moods have been better lately, but I've taken him off Primal Defense. I think it was just too strong for our little guy. More later. Gotta go clean up breakfast. :-)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.