Sunday, September 04, 2005

Playing Catch Up

I know it's been two weeks since I've last written in my blog. I'm going to blame it on the stupid O key on my laptop, since it makes me dread typing anything of any consequence. I'll use 0 instead. T0day is perhaps the m0st beautiful day all year. We're all 0utside right n0w c0unting 0ur blessings and enj0ying 0ur family. Katherine c0mpleted her first week 0f kindergarten last week, and s0 far s0 g00d. We had a bus mishap the first time she t00k the bus h0me fr0m sch00l (it came t0 0ur st0p 15 minutes early and I wasn't there yet), but it didn't seem t0 affect her a bit. Everything has g0ne sm00thly ever since. Ben started sch00l last Wednesday and s0 far, he's d0ing well. He als0 had his first TEACCH sessi0n 0n Wed f0r tw0 full h0urs and the teachers said that he did great! That was after being in sch00l f0r a full m0rning. I j0ked that he didn't have time t0 stim at all that day! Maybe the enzymes are helping. I've st0pped giving him the chelati0n supplement NDF Plus until I c0nsult with his Winst0n Salem d0ct0r next week. His lab tests have all c0me back and n0ne 0f them have sh0wn any excessive level 0f mercury, s0 maybe that's n0t his pr0blem. Just g00d 0ld genes I guess. Last night he was crying ar0und dinner time and he said "I da-dee" several times and I think he might have been saying "I'm hungry" but I d0nt kn0w f0r sure. If he was, he used the pr0n0un I c0rrectly, and that w0uld be awes0me. He did 0kay at the speech therapist this week, but Car0line and I had t0 stay with him while she w0rked. Car0line starts presch00l 0n Wednesday and b0th she and I are very excited ab0ut that. I can't believe all my kids are finally in s0me kind 0f sch00l. It's g00d f0r me and g00d f0r them. I pr0mise t0 write m0re s00n.
Kristin

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.