Friday, September 30, 2005

S0 Far s0 G00d

Well, we gave Ben regular pizza and n0thing much happened. I'm still d0ing the enzymes s0 it p0ssible that they're are d0ing the j0b 0f helping digest, but 0n the wh0le he hasn't regressed, his receptive language is still g00d, he's still d0ing his w0rk at sch00l and at therapy. He's still m0stly gluten and casein free, but I'm adding m0re back int0 his diet. The 0nly bad thing I've n0ticed is that he's yelling m0re, which had kind 0f subsided. I'm n0t sure if I'm just being super sensitive t0 it 0r n0t. I'm 0n the c0uch this m0rning as my back has started hurting again, this time in a different place that it usually d0es. I guess I'm falling apart. Get 0ut the 0ld heating pad, I guess. The pe0ple in charge 0f Headstart are acting kind 0f strage. I had written a letter t0 Ben's teachers at the beginning 0f the year inf0rming them 0f the changes in his diet, the enzymes and the high arsenic results 0f his hair and bl00d tests. I just asked that they be mindful 0f n0t letting Ben chew 0n the playgr0und equipment and wash his hands when he c0mes inside. N0 big deal, right? Wr0ng. His teacher f0rwarded the letter t0 the pe0ple wh0 run the Headstart and early interventi0n pr0gram and they seem t0 be freaking 0ut. They've sent the health dept t0 test the playgr0und equipment, but refuse t0 tell Ben's teacher what the results were, saying its "private". Yeah, but it's a public sch00l paid f0r by 0ur taxes s0 y0u can bet I'll be trying t0 find 0ut what they kn0w. N0w they want me t0 fill 0ut a f0rm s0 they can talk t0 Dr. Hines ab0ut the results, which I have n0 pr0blem with, but they already had s0me0ne call me (she left three messages 0n my answering machine in 0ne aftern00n- s0unding a little harried) t0 find 0ut the details, did Ben eat seaf00d the previ0us week bef0re the testing, what kind 0f testing is was, what were the exact results, etc. Anyway, they are making a way bigger deal 0ut 0f it than I am. Just put in s0me new playgr0und equipment and be d0ne with it, I say! Well, I'll sign 0ut n0w. Bye!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.