Thursday, August 24, 2006

Buying New PJs

Before I go on about the new PJs, let me say that I met with Casey today and also I met with Elizabeth, Ben's new teacher at Headstart. Both meetings went very well, and I'm excited to have Ben start the year at his old school. Never thought I'd say that, but I was impressed by her and I hope he'll do well there. Right now there's only three in his class, but she said there's 3 more coming down the pipeline. Who knows when they'll get there. Anyhow she seems like a person who isn't afraid to speak up when things aren't right, so I hope it'll all work out. Casey seemed happy with the way things are going with Ben, and gave me some good advice I can surely use. I'll be meeting with her once a week now on a regular basis so I can keep up with all his ABA stuff. On to the Pajamas. I find it a little depressing to buy Ben pajamas and I had to do so yesterday. Why, you may ask, could buying pajamas depress me? Perhaps it's just over sensitivity on my part. When you go to the store, in this case Kohl's, to buy pjs for little boys it's almost impossible to find anything that isn't intensely decorated in cartoon characters, something most little boys of almost 5 years old would love. There's Spongebob, Scooby Doo, Superman, Nintendo, Dinosaurs, Toy Story, Carz, Thomas the Train, you get the gist. Ben could care less about any of it and that's the sad part. Maybe he will one day, but as for now, he couldn't even begin to sit through a movie like Carz, much less actually like it. I ended up buying Nintendo Mario PJs (on sale) for a kid that may never play nintendo. He doesn't even know what a nintendo is. I bought Thomas the train winter pjs for a kid who couldn't care less about the Thomas the train set he has, and only plays with it under great pressure from an adult making him do it. What ever happened to cute little fire truck and space pajamas? Gone with his babyhood I guess. *sigh*

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.