Sunday, January 29, 2006

Thoughts on a Sunday Morning

Ben didn't do so great at school or his therapies this week. He was antsy, uncooperative and very stimmy. I don't know whether this has anything to do with the diet or not, because theoretically, there's nothing in the diet that should disagree with him. I guess I'll hold out for a couple more weeks, as long as I've gotten this far. He's been chewing on his shirts lately, and ruined the collars of two shirts at school on Friday. I've heard that Zinc supplementation can reduce the desire to chew, so I'm going to try that as soon as the Zinc I ordered comes in the mail. At least he doesn't seem to be chewing wood anymore. I did find what I think was a crayon in his mouth last night. Definitely not on the diet. We're going to try going to church as a family this morning and Ben can go to the nursery. I always feel like I should stay in the nursery and watch Ben, because he's so noisy and drops things all over the floor. The other kids and parents don't quite know what to make of him. Sometimes they ask me why he yells all the time! Wish I knew. But I'll try to get away today so I can sit with Rob and the girls. I feel like I should be spending more time working with Ben, I know I really don't spend enough. I need to make it a higher priority. My excuses are not important. *sigh*

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.