Monday, January 16, 2006

We've Taken the Plunge . . .

Well, we did. I finally put Ben on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Saturday was his first day and he's done okay so far, but this morning he slept until 10 am (VERY unusual for him) and he's been lethargic all day long. We went to the mall today and he just let me push him around. He hasn't yelled once and his stimming has been minimal. It's kind of worrisome, but I have it from some other parents who've tried the diet that this lethargy is actually normal, and it will go away in a few days. His diet is actually very healthy, when I get him to eat it. He seems to like the turkey meatballs I've been making him, and tonight I'm sneaking some grated zucchini in them. I'm really hoping this diet makes a difference, but I'm preparing myself for the eventuality that there's a good chance that it won't. Here's to hoping.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.