Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ben Meets the Good Doctor

I drove Ben to Maryland today for his appointment with his new DAN! Developmental Pediatrician. It was a less than stellar visit on his part. To put it bluntly, Ben went after her glasses and scratched her face. I guess it shouldn't entirely surprise me, but it is embarassing to have your child do that to someone. She was good about it, but I felt horrible for the rest of the visit. Especially after I had said last week that he wasn't very aggressive. I guess the operative word is very. Still, I should know better than to blog after a day like today, but I thought everyone would want to know what happened. As for her thoughts on Ben, I won't find that out until next week, when I go back by myself. Today's one of those noisy weird days for him, and his verbal stimming (ie yelling, making gasping sounds) is high. I'm feeling less motivated than usual and a little sad that I can't take the girls to an event at their school because I can't take Ben with us on a day like today. I'm sure they'll get over it, but still, it makes me sad. His ABA therapist is sick today, so no therapy for him either. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris
Isn't there any type of military network where someone can help you by watching Ben so you can do things with the girls i.e. school related functions????

Kristin said...

Nope! I get respite care for Ben for 16 hours a month through our health insurance, but the workers want to come for 8 hour shifts, not an hour and a half for a school event. :-)

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.