Friday, February 20, 2009

Ben's Mom

I am now officially a celebrity. I was at Target, doing my usual Targetty shopping, and I noticed that a special ed bus was parked in front of the store, and I assumed that there were probably some kids somewhere in the store. Sometimes they go on field trips to gain real world environment experience. As I was approaching the front of the store with my cart, I went past the kids but didn't see anyone I recognized. Just then, one little boy with Down's Syndrome shouts out "Hey Look - there's Ben's Mom!" That just made me smile. I didn't know who he was but he sure knew who I was! His teacher asked him how he knew I was Ben's mom and he said it was because Ben rides his bus home. He must see me every day when I drop Ben off or pick him up from his bus. I thought that was very cool and I told him so.

1 comment:

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

That is very cool! I had the same experience with Jackson's "girlfriend" at a store and Jackson wasn't even with me. I still am not completely sure how she recognized me - since I had no idea what she really looked like.

Kids!

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.