Friday, July 29, 2005

The Enzymes Have Started . . .

Well, Ben is improving, Rob and I both think so. But who knows why. He's been much quieter, though of course he stills yells sometimes. I've become a recent convert to the enzyme camp, and have started giving them to him at all meals and snacks. Dr. Hines told me to give him the enzymes, but I haven't really done it regularly until now, when recent information I've read has convinced me of their importance. I think its especially important since I don't know if I'll easily be able to remove rice and soy from Ben's diet, and the blood tests clearly show a sensitivity to them. Today I made him some gluten free playdough, and when I asked him if he wanted to play with it, he came right down off the windowsill and went over to his table to play. He does seem to be listening better and his teachers say that he's had nothing but good days this week, and is transitioning well between activities. His favorite new activity is spinning things, absolutely everything. I'd also mention just for the record that he's letting me read at least three bedtime stories to him at night without trying to get another book instead of the one I'm reading (his usual trick), and without trying to escape. Hopefully I'll be reporting more improvements soon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.