Monday, July 25, 2005

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head!

Ben has this dog that Mom and Dad got him for Christmas (yes, thank you mom) that sings "Raindrops Keep Falling ON my Head" when you press it's paw. Well, Ben recently rediscovered it and now plays the dog at least 100 times a day. I don't know if its the song he likes or the fact that the dog moves around and sings it. Either way its starting to drive me crazy. But I guess its harmless enough. He had another good day at school today and I finally got his last test sent off the the lab so now I'm officially done with all that. I'm concerned about the arsenic and aluminum they found in his hair test in high amounts. Ben's teacher pointed out to me that the playground equipment at his school is made of wood- it's old so most likely it was arsenic treated wood. So now I have to figure out if this arsenic wood thing is a fight I want to pick with the school system or not. He does chew a lot of wood here at home, so I'm sure some of it could be that too. And I don't know how much arsenic he has to have before it becomes dangerous, though I'm sure any amount doesn't help things. I'll be making another appointment in August with Dr. Hines in Winston, so I intend to consult her on these matters, though personally, I think she'll come out on the extreme end of things. She told me not to give Ben any more vaccinations indefinitely, which I'm still researching and mulling over. On the bright side, Ben seems to be doing well, even if no major changes have happened. He's happy and so are the rest of us. Katherine and Caroline have been playing together like angels for the past couple of days.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.