Saturday, July 23, 2005

Help! Ben is Allegic to Everything!!!!

Okay, not really everything, but a lot of things. He had some blood taken a couple of weeks ago and the results of the allergy test came back today. He definitely is allergic to Cow's milk, and Gluten, as well as soy, sesame, rice, corn, egg whites, watermelon, tomatos, wheat, oats, barley, almonds and peanuts. Great. Now what do I feed him? I was doing okay on the gluten casein free diet, now that he's allergic to soy, corn and rice, I have to figure out ways to get those out of his diet too. He drinks soy milk, eats corn and rice pasta, and rice bread. But on the bright side, he's not allergic to potatoes or meat, so I guess that will be his main dinner from now on. We took him to a chinese restaurant with the girls today for lunch and he was as good as gold. Very quiet, ate his bannana and rice and potato chips very well, and didn't cry when I went up to the buffet like he usually does. Rob and I both noticed his terrific behavior. More progress to come I hope . I'll try to update this blog more regularly.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.