Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Just Being Him I guess

Rob's gone to a conference in Florida this week and so far, I'm staying reasonably sane. The girls and I even made Christmas cookies this afternoon and then decorated them after dinner. In the bathtub tonight Katherine asked me why I always play with Ben in the bath but I don't play with her. This made me sad. It's just another example of the kinds of things that go through the girls' head regarding Ben and his disabilities. The best reason I could give her is that Ben does nothing with anybody else unless someone tries to get his attention. I told her that since she and Caroline play with each other, they don't need me as much. I know they do need me in a different way that Ben does, and very often I feel they're not getting the "me" that I want them to have. On a happier note, Ben's teacher said today that he's just about mastered all the teaching tasks that they have in his classroom and she's going to have to come up with something more complex for him. That's good news. He's very quick when he knows what to do. I guess that's all for now because I'm exhausted. 'Bye.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.