Sunday, December 04, 2005

More News From the Front

Well, Ben said something recognizable last night, but considering he's done so many times before without anything really coming of it, I try not to get my hopes or expectations up. Some bananas were on the counter out of reach and he walked over to them, got my attention and then reached for them saying "Elp, elp, elp, elp" several times. I just knew he was saying "Help me get a banana Mom! " I was pretty cool hearing him talk and understanding what he wanted. I just hope he does it again, but I'm not counting on it. It's hard not to get discouraged. I can look at my journal entries from almost a year ago and he was saying more then than he does now. It's frustrating but part of the beast that is autism, I guess. I keep saying he's progressed in other ways and he has, but speech is not a strong point for him.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.