Monday, December 12, 2005

Seems Like Rob's Been Gone Forever . . .

it really does. But I've been getting along okay. Katherine is sleeping with me while Rob and Caroline are in NYC, and of course she's been getting more attention than Ben has. What's that saying about the sqeaky wheel getting the oil? We'll Ben's not much of a squeaky wheel. I did manage to take the two of them to the mall on Saturday. WOW! Parking was such a hassle. I hate the mall at Christmastime. Do I sound like Scrooge? However, part of the draw was that the Southpoint mall has a cool playground indoors by the food court and we spendt a nice little time playing there. It is a perfect playground for Ben, and despite all the commotion and loud noises and crowds, he loves it. It's rare to find a playground that Ben can play in without finding something to stim on. There are a few "stim" objects that he visits for a minute or two, but for the most part, on that particular playground, he plays just like a regular boy his age. He climbs, slides, goes through tunnels, jumps, all the regular kid things. I love going to that playground if for nothing else that for a brief few minutes, it's hard to tell Ben is different than any other little boy. Katherine misses Caroline a lot, she's not used to having to entertain herself with a playmate. We can't wait to have Rob and Caroline back for good!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer, calligrapher, bookseller, wife and mother to three teenagers.